For the first time the CAS Scotland conference will have seminars, workshops and discussions that cover all levels of Computing education from Primary through Secondary and on into Further and Higher Education. So whether you’re a lecturer, teacher or industry member with a strong interest in education there will be a wealth of interesting sessions just for you at Scotland’s largest CS Education focused conference.
Our programme includes a wide diversity of topics including the latest developments in Eye Tracking research, Biometrics in Scratch, Minecraft, the BBC micro:bit, Cyber Security and even some Homesick Aliens so it’s an event you won’t want to miss!
Format of THE DAY
This year the conference is organised into
- a short opening talk with several optional keynotes during the day.
- a range of hands on practical workshops available throughout the day including a chance to work with e-Textiles, get a hands on with the latest version of Greenfoot and many others.
- a Broad General Education track with sessions on teaching Computing to Primary and lower Secondary pupils.
- a Senior phase track with sessions useful for anyone teaching National 4 to Advanced Higher Computing Science and equivalent NPA’s.
- a Vocational and Industry track with sessions focused around the connection between Computing education in HE and FE and work within the ICT industry.
- a Research and Academic track with sessions sharing a range of recent CS Education findings as well how to get involved or make use of research in your own teaching.
- a drop-in area where you can find out about extra-curricular opportunities that Coder Dojo, Lambda Jam, Code Club and others can provide.
- an exhibition space where you can find out from various providers about Computing resources and equipment.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso